So here’s the deal, the real deal:
- 2 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp cayenne pepper (I need the heat)
- a pinch of fresh cilantro
- 3/4 c plain greek yogurt
- 7 tbsp BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 cardamom pods crushed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped (used dried) 3 tbsp
Combine diced chicken, chopped garlic, spices and yogurt in a dish and cover for 1-2 hours.
Melt the butter in a deep pan. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, cardamom and cinnamon. Bring to a boil while stirring. Once sauce thickens, reduce to med-low heat and add your chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally until your chicken is thoroughly cooked. Once cooked, add your coconut milk and stir for another few minutes to incorporate. Serve over cauliflower rice or as I did, roasted rosemary butternut squash. You may garnish with a bit of cilantro.
I served with roasted rosemary butternut squash. On the next night, we had leftovers and I steamed some broccoli to go with it.