Happy Friday and Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter who is 10 years old today! Wow, how did I get here? Time really does fly.
Some of the very best fish tacos I’ve ever had were in Newport Beach, CA. It’s also my favorite home away from home. These were inspired by those memories. When prepared with mahi or halibut, I’m in heaven.
- 2-4 mahi filets
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 2 limes
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 large zucchini peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Place fish in a bowl and drizzle with 1 fresh squeezed lime. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
2) Prepare your salsa by tossing diced zucchini, tomato, juice of 1 lime, salt and cilantro and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Remove fish from lime juice and pat dry on both sides. Cover both sides with spice rub.
4) Heat olive oil in to medium heat in your pan and cook fish for roughly 4 minutes on each side. Once cooked thoroughly, break into bite sized pieces and serve on butter lettuce leaves topped with summer salsa.